General Terms and Conditions & Information on Data Protection & Instructions for cancellation & Cancellation form
Table of Contents
A. General Terms and Conditions
- Scope of Application
- Conclusion of the Contract
- Right to Cancel
- Provision of content
- Granting rights of use for digital content
- Liability for defects
- Applicable Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
B. Information on Data Protection
- Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
- Processing of Data for the Purpose of Order Handling
- Rights of the Data Subject
- Duration of Storage of Personal Data
C. Instructions for cancellation
- Right to cancel
- Effects of cancellation
- Expiration of the right to cancel
D. Cancellation form
A. General Terms and Conditions
1) Scope of Application
1.1 These General Terms and Conditions of the company uhu Consulting - Vanessa Hubert and the brand name "startupfeminist" (hereinafter referred to as as "Licensor") apply to all contracts for the delivery of data which is not contained on a tangible medium and which is produced and supplied in digital form (digital content), a consumer or trader (hereinafter referred to as "Licensee") concludes with the Licensor with regard to the digital content presented by the Licensor on the Internet trading platform LearnWorlds (hereinafter referred to as "Learnworlds"). The inclusion of the Licensee's own terms and conditions is hereby objected to, unless otherwise agreed.
1.2 The subject of the contract is the provision of digital content offered by the licensor to the licensee in electronic form granting certain rights of use regulated specifically in these GTC.
1.3 A consumer pursuant to these GTC is any natural person concluding a legal transaction for a purpose attributed neither to a mainly commercial nor a self-employed occupational activity. A trader pursuant to these Terms and Conditions is any natural or legal person or company with legal personality acting in the performance of a commercial or self-employed occupational activity when concluding a legal transaction.
2) Conclusion of the Contract
2.1 By placing an article with LearnWorlds, the licensor makes a binding offer to sell the digital content.
2.2 The licensee can accept the offer of the licensor via the online order form provided by LearnWorlds. To do this, the licensee must first place the desired article in the virtual shopping basket and then pass through the order steps specified by LearnWorlds. By clicking the button finalising the order process, the licensee declares acceptance of the offer, which results in a contract regarding the contents previously selected by the licensee.
2.3 The contract’s content will be stored by the licenser and sent to the licensee after conclusion of the contract , together with the present GTC and customer information in text form (e.g. e-mail, fax or letter). The licensor shall not make the contract text accessible beyond this.
2.4 The licensee may correct his entries before submitting his order using the technical means provided by LearnWorlds. The corrections can be made using the usual keyboard and mouse functions directly on the offer page in the corresponding input fields.
2.5 The contractual language is German or English.
3) Right to Cancel
Consumers are entitled to the right to cancel. Further information on the right to cancel can be found in the Seller’s instructions regarding the right to cancel
4.1 For the granting of rights to the respective contents, the licensor shall receive a flat-rate license fee, the amount of which shall be determined in the respective article description.
4.2 The prices quoted by the licensor are total prices and include statutory value-added tax.
4.3 For payments in countries outside the European Union, additional costs may be incurred in individual cases for which the Licensor is not responsible, and which are to be borne by the Licensee. These include, for example, costs for the transfer of money by credit institutions (e.g. transfer fees, exchange rate fees).
4.4 The licensee has various payment options at his disposal, which are specified in the LearnWorlds licensor's offer.
4.6 If payment in advance is agreed, payment is due immediately after conclusion of the contract.
5) Provision of content
Content is provided exclusively in electronic form by e-mail or download.
6) Granting rights of use for digital content
6.1 The licensor grants the licensee the non-exclusive, temporarily and regionally unlimited right to use the supplied content exclusively for private purposes.
6.2 Passing on of content or the production of copies to third parties outside the framework of these GTC is prohibited, unless the licensor has consented to the transfer of the license covered by this contract to third parties.
6.3 Pursuant to article 158, paragraph 1 German Civil Code, granting of rights will only be legally valid once the licensee has paid in full the sum owed. The licensor may provisionally permit the use of digital content covered by this contract already prior to that date. Such a provisional permit does not lead to a transfer of rights.
7) Liability for defects
Should the object of purchase be deficient, the statutory provisions shall apply.
8) Applicable Law
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to all legal relationships between the parties under exclusion of the laws governing the international purchase of movable goods. For consumers, this choice of law only applies to the extent that the granted protection is not withdrawn by mandatory provisions of the law of the country, in which the consumer has his habitual residence.
9) Alternative Dispute Resolution
9.1 The EU Commission provides on its website the following link to the ODR platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
This platform shall be a point of entry for out-of-court resolutions of disputes arising from online sales and service contracts concluded between consumers and traders.
9.2 The Seller is neither obliged nor prepared to attend a dispute settlement procedure before an alternative dispute resolution entity.
B. Information on Data Protection
1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our LearnWorlds internet presentation (hereinafter “website”) and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Vanessa Hubert, uhu Consulting - Vanessa Hubert, Charlottenburger Strasse 47b, 13086 Berlin, Deutschland, Tel.: 017665851174, E-Mail: email@example.com. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
3) Processing of Data for the Purpose of Order Handling
3.1 The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery within the scope of contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We will pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the framework of payment processing, if this is necessary for payment handling. If payment service providers are used, we explicitly inform you of this below. The legal basis for the transfer of data is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR.
3.2 When paying by credit card via PayPal or by direct debit via PayPal, we pass your payment data on to PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter "PayPal") as part of the payment processing. The transfer takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR and only insofar as necessary for payment processing.
4) Rights of the Data Subject
4.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, a complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, if that was not collected from you by us, the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the logic involved, the scope and intended effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed about the guarantees provided for in Art. 46 GDPR for the transfer of your data to third countries;
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to erase pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 (1) GDPR are met. However, this right shall not apply if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restricting of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as long as the accuracy of your data contested is verified, if you refuse to have your data deleted due to inadmissible data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data because its purpose has been achieved, or if you have filed an objection for reasons of your particular situation, as long as it is not yet clear whether our justified reasons will prevail;
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have exercised your right to rectify, delete or restrict the processing vis-à-vis the controller, who is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed regarding this rectification, deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state where you reside or work or in the place of the suspected infringement, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
4.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
5) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided they are no longer necessary for the performance or initiation of the contract and/or there is no longer any legitimate interest on our part in the further storage.
C. Instructions for cancellation
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered to.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us (Vanessa Hubert, uhu Consulting - Vanessa Hubert, Charlottenburger Strasse 47b, 13086 Berlin, Deutschland, Tel.: 017665851174, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. by a letter sent by post, fax or email). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us) without undue delay and not later than fourteen days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
Expiration of the right to cancel
The right to cancel ceases prematurely, if the supply of digital content has begun before the end of the cancellation period after you have given express consent that we may begin with the execution of the contract before expiry of the cancelation period and if you have acknowledged to us that by giving your consent you lose your right to cancel, once performance of the contract has started.
D. Cancellation form
If you wish to cancel this contract, please complete and submit this form.
uhu Consulting - Vanessa Hubert
Charlottenburger Strasse 47b
I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) cancel my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*) /for the supply of the following service (*),
Ordered on (*) ____________ / received on (*) __________________
Name of consumer(s)
Address of consumer(s)
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
(*) Delete as appropriate